The Jerry McIntyre Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Jerry McIntyre Experience

Celebrating the Life of Jerry McIntyre

You are not connected. Please login or register

An Amazing Day!!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1An Amazing Day!! Empty An Amazing Day!! Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:40 pm

wmstrang

Dearest Rhonda and Jerry:

Thought you might be interested in reading about an amazing day! I was responding to an email from a close friend in Cincinatti who saw wedding pictures that had been posted on my facebook page. Gloria and I are so honored to have you two as our “in-laws”!!

Love and prayers,

Bill

Will and Marci's double wedding with Robin and Josh
Between Mary Ann O'Donnell Escudero and You

William H Strang October 8 at 9:31am
Mare: Long story that happened in an amazingly short period of time!!! Marci's Dad, Jerry McIntrye, one of my best friends for many years, is ill. Sometime last week Will had discussed marriage with Marci. Robin, Marci's younger sister, and her fiancee, Josh, were actually already planning her wedding for next year. Sunday afternoon, with the help of Father Hembrow, who was giving Jerry the Annointing of the Sick sacrament, it was decided that both daughter's wanted to be married so their Dad could give them away. Father Hembrow said "I'll be here tomorrow (Monday) at 10:30 to perform a double ceremony." Will and Marci came up to the condo and told Gloria and I about 2:00 pm. We all went back to the house so we could talk to Jerry and his wife, Rhonda. Cell phones started buzzing and plans for flowers from close friend, Gwenda Rice's garden, dresses from Macy's, wedding cake made by Aunt Sarah at 5:00 o'clock in the morning, wine, beer, food, Honeymoon night at Tara Point in Grafton (which they donated for free since Jerry had built the two cabins for the owner several years ago) all fell into place. Dan caught the "redeye" out of Seattle at midnight, while back in Grafton, I drafted a Petition to waive the one day waiting period to get a marriage license. We awoke to a perfect blue sky and sunny 70 degree day. At 8:30 a.m. I'm in Court getting the order signed and I meet both couples at the County Clerk's office to get the licenses. Mel, Matt, Mary Alice, and Grandma Betty meet Gloria in Grafton and head to Jerry's, while Cousin Susie picks up Dan at the airport, and he walked into the house at 10:20 am, changed clothes, and we all walked into the bedroom where Jerry and Rhonda were, along with Marci's grandma Margie, Jerry's sisters, Melissa and Sarah, my sister Lucy, and Marci's brothers, Ross and Matt and sister Rachel and her husband Roy. Father Hembrow performed a beautiful ceremony and the couples exchanged borrowed rings. The bittersweet day continued as the newlyweds walked from the house amidst a shower of just discovered rice-a-roni thrown by a growing number of friends and family. After numerous photos under Jerry's recently built trellis in his flower garden, where Robin and Josh had planned to be married, the newlyweds hopped on their "limo" (Jerry's "appropriately" adorned golf cart with a sign 'Just F---in Married' {contractor language!} and trailing beer cans from the night before) for the ride across the road to son, Ross and Amy's house, where numerous other well wishers were starting the party. Next were champagne toasts and wedding cake cutting, and food made by Amy and brought by many friends. The rest of the day, as word continued to spread around the community, more friends and family arrived, and we cried and laughed as we hugged each one of them late into the night.

I didn't plan on writing this much, but it felt good to put it down on paper, so that's the scoop.

Bill

Mary Ann O'Donnell Escudero October 8 at 2:47pm
WOW!WOW!WOW! What a story! So sorry about your friend and so happy for Will and Marci (and the other couple). Only you all could pull this off in such a short time - I am sooooo impressed. Congrats to all of you and thanks for the detailed story - I appreciate it. Love to all........

William H Strang October 8 at 3:21pm
Will and Marci Strang (now being referred to as the "McInstrangs" or the "Strangintyres" by their friends) 4434 Castleman, Apt 3W, St. Louis, MO 63110
Will's cell 618-514-2690 Marci's cell 618-581-4879. This apt is across the street from the Botanical Garden and they had just discovered it within the last couple of weeks. Marci would love to work at the Botanical Gardens some day. She loves flowers and has gone back to school at SIUE to finish her botany/biology degree.

Bill

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum