The Jerry McIntyre Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Jerry McIntyre Experience

Celebrating the Life of Jerry McIntyre

You are not connected. Please login or register

An Irish Blessing

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1An Irish Blessing Empty An Irish Blessing Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:47 pm

Amandabane

Rhonda, Jerry, Mike (Bane) and I took a vacation to Ireland several years ago. Ah, what a grand time we had. Who knew Mike and Jerry knew the Irish language so well. Rhonda and I listened to their perfect Irish brogue for five glorious days. Now, before you read on, remember that in Ireland the steering wheel is on the right hand side of the car (the US passenger side). We’d spent our last evening in Ireland in a pub, I know that’s hard to imagine, but try to stay with me here. When we got in our rented car, Rhonda and I got in the back seat, Mike got in on the left hand side of the front seat and Jerry got in the right hand side of the front seat. We all sat for several minutes making pleasant conversation, then we sat for several more minutes, then we sat for several…well you get the picture. Finally, Jerry had enough of sitting in the car and is clearly ready to go. So a bit frustrated, he says, “So, Mikey, we’ll ya’ be a startin’ the fuckin’ engine any time soon?” Mike says, “If you’ll be handin’ me the fuckin’ steering wheel, Jerry, we’ll be on our merry way.”

May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back, and…
May your steering wheel be where it’s supposed to be.

2An Irish Blessing Empty Re: An Irish Blessing Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:14 am

Nate Gre

Does that ever sound like a classic Jerry and Mike moment Laughing

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum